Tango Steps in Buenes Aires

October 23, 2010

Portuguese fisherman

Last April my fiance, Andrew, and I took a vacation to Portugal. We loved the people, the food (what more does one need than bacalau and wine?), the architecture and the music. It was during the last few days of our trip, when we rented a car to drive along to Atlantic coast, when I finally met some Portuguese fishermen. This photo was taken in Estoril, when we stopped in for an afternoon to visit the docks. I loved this man not only because he was so helpful and directed us exactly to where we wanted to go, but also because of the character in his face. I love his bushy ears. Also, under his hat he had a serious, serious farmer's tan! Can you still call it that even when it's not on the arms? When skiing, we call it raccoon eyes, so maybe I should be calling this a raccoon forehead. Anyway, we loved talking with him and his fishermen friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment