Tango Steps in Buenes Aires

October 23, 2010

Accordions in Brazil

I met this Brazilian man when I was hiking with a friend. We were on a 4-day trek in a national park near Salvador de Bahia and this man's home was deep into the park. He had been plastering the walls of his home that day and his feet were caked in dried plaster. In their small, one room home, his wife cooked us dinner and he and his sons played traditional Brazilian folk music, with him on the accordion and his sons on guitar. I will never forget the worn look on his face contrasting with the spirit with which he sang. I was lucky that I was with my dear friend, Ben, who speaks fluent Portuguese and was able to translate everything, otherwise I would have never been able to do this trek or meet this man and his family. Obrigadu, Ben. Besos!

No comments:

Post a Comment